Hi! I’m Karen, the photographer of Love and Laughter Photography here in Ottawa. I’m looking forward to meeting new faces this spring! For those that haven’t met me yet, I thought I’d do a little introduction here.
A few random facts:
- My husband and I met about 20 years ago, and we’ve been married now for 3.5yrs
- We have two cats and a dog. Since we are huge animal lovers, we decided to incorporate that into our wedding so the theme was an ‘elegant safari wedding”. Yes, I did wear a leopard print ball gown :-)
- We are kinda Disney obsessed…
- On September 4th, our little princess was born. (I apologize in advance for all the photos I post of her!) Her name is Stella, and although the beer is quite delicious… she was named after the song “Stella by Starlight”. My husband and I met through music, so it was neat to incorporate that into her name.
- I like to laugh!
- I’m usually the awkward person at the dinner table not knowing when to stop talking.
- I’m in a Michael Bublé music video!
- I’ll never understand why eating chips, pizza, and poutine is not acceptable. Is there really anything better?
- My husband is obsessed with Star Wars. Note the engagement photo below… marriage is compromise right? One classy photo, one nerdy photo, & repeat!
- When I’m not behind my lens, you’ll find me spending time with family and friends, visiting my parents at their store, or eating Boston Pizza. (Yes, I do accept Boston Pizza gift cards as payment haha)
Well that about sums me up! Can’t wait to meet new faces this spring, and to get to know old faces even better :-)
Here are a few of our engagement photos, yup we are nerds!
Our wonderful engagement and wedding photos were taken by the incredibly talented Steve Bezanson. If you are getting married, book him!! www.stevebezansonphotography.com
My absolute favourite photo in the entire world. My sister took this photo for us and I will be forever grateful xoxo
And the love of my life, Stella! Thank you Tiara Brouse for this fabulous shot!