This enchanted owl cake smash was a hoot! The inspiration provided was “blue, green, and owls”. Making this custom banner was really fun! Ensures that every session is exactly how the parents envision their little turning one.
Not a fan of cake smash photos?
No worries, I get it. It’s super fun, but perhaps not the timeless artwork you want displayed on the nursery wall. Do you love the idea of a backdrop specifically designed for your child though? I do that often as well. Pick a theme, I’ll plan every little detail, and I’ll photograph first birthday portraits in front of a unique backdrop!
Here are a few ideas that could be done:
- Simple and elegant on a white backdrop, with a floral banner. Have your little one wearing a dress with a floral crown.
- Curious George themed photoshoot (Please, someone pick this!) The dad could be the man in the yellow hat. Wouldn’t that be adorable?!
- Mini little lumberjack (think plaid, wood, maybe a little stuffed animal beaver)
- Princess Theme (Any Frozen fans out there? Snow White perhaps?)
- Solid coloured backdrop, with a “Happy Birthday” banner. Nice an simple, emphasis on your little one.
- Rainbow theme (lots of different coloured balloons, pompoms, and your little one in a tutu)
- Star Wars (your little one dressed as a Jedi)
The countdown is getting closer for my daughters cake smash. I’ve got a few different ideas, but I may just have to do two setups because I can’t make up my mind…
The final setup for the enchanted owl cake smash was super cute. It did not stay this way for long though…
Wood cake stand by Within the Grain
What do you think? I’d say it was a smashing success! Contact me today to start planning a cake smash photoshoot for your little one!